Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Valentine for the 11th time

We met each other in an AOL chatroom in January of 1999. I was "Sam007562" and he was "WuJunior." Of course neither one of us would have ever guessed those late night instant messages between us would slowly fertilize the soil of what would eventually grow into an 11-year relationship.
















After chatting online for about two months, we both inexplicably changed our screenames. I became "MSam007562" and he, "WuJuniorX." And yet we managed to find each other again in a world of a million usernames and thousands of chatrooms. And though we hadn't communicated in about a month, the $hit talking between us picked up right where it had left off.

I should have known then, it was meant to be ...
















Over the weekend we celebrated our 11th Valentine's Day together, nothing flashy at all. We spent the day relaxing at home, watching the NBA All-Star game and made dinner together. He reminded me it's been his tradition to make me dinner on Valentine's :) He grilled NY steaks and made some Cheddar and Broccoli rice while I sauteed some veggies. I know it sounds so simple and boring, but it was truly perfect. And it's the only way I would have wanted it.































I don't think you need a day like Valentine's Day to realize how much your loved ones mean to you, but seeing all the "Be Mine" candies, "I love you" bears and red-adorned decor everywhere does make you reflect on all the love you have in your life.

So in honor of this "holiday" that celebrates love ...















 I love my husband for knowing me better than anyone else and in spite of all my flaws and faults ...















... he still loves me unconditionally, or at least he acts like it :)















I love that we save our goofiest moments for each other.















And even when we're borderline idiots, we're still attracted to each other.
 
In fact, he totally thinks I'm at my prettiest during moments like this.















Thousands of IMs later, millions of minutes on the phone, tons of "You Got Mail" alerts, and millions of text messages later, we still talk, share everything with one another and listen to each other. Well at least he fakes like he does :)















Eleven years later, Tommy is still my best friend and makes me laugh everyday.















I love him and he loves me ... it sounds so simple, and that's just the way I like it.

3 comments:

  1. Things that make you wanna say, "Awwww!" Loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not believe you all met in a chat room!!! That is amazing and I love the story! CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies :) Back then meeting someone online was still taboo ~ perhaps one of these days I'll blog about how we met in more detail! *cheers* to love <3

    ReplyDelete