Friday, November 13, 2009

Fabulous Find Fridays: El Pescador Restaurant

So since I am an uber shopper/diner/product connoisseur (yes, I had to google to check the spelling on that one), I've decided to share at least one Fabulous Find every Friday. And, if I've found something just so incredibly amazing and can't wait till Friday, then you will get bonus fabulous finds too :) Yep, I'm a dork.

So without further adieu, the first find I'll share deals with one of my all time favs = food. If you know me and my family, then you know we love our food. We don't just eat to live, we live to eat. In my life, food not only means nutrition, it also means being with friends and family, eating something delicious, and lots of good times.

Anyhoo, the first installment of Fabulous Finds is "El Pescador" Restaurant in Hawaiian Gardens, California. This little eatery has been down the street from my house for the longest -- I'm thinking at least 15 years now -- but for some reason I'd never ventured over to try it, until my cousins gave me the scoop and said it was pretty delicious, had great margaritas AND $1 taco happy hour. *SOLD*

So we went for my cousin Mark's birthday and indulged in their Happy Hour, which runs from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. We splurged on their fresh fruit $3 margaritas, their two tacos/$2 deal, and their half-off appetizer platter. Oh and how can I forget their free fresh chips served with beans, cheese and salsa. OMG everything was delicious, so authentic and best of all cheap!!!

My super cute cousin Ajax enjoying happy hour!

Our personal favorites at El Pescador are: carne asada tacos in a soft flour tortilla, and chicken or carnitas tacos in a fried shell. The tacos are the perfect size, served made to order and come with fresh guacamole and salsa. This restaurant also had a great selection of entrees on their menu, but because we can't get past their tacos, we've yet to try anything else. Although I can certainly say it all looks and smells delicious!


Since our first visit we've been back at least four times, and if my husband had it his way, we'd go at least once a week. But since he'd still like to be able to wrap his arms around his wife, we've decided to ease up on the taco indulgence, lol.

In a gist, I highly recommend everyone to check out El Pescador for some deliciously authentic Mexican cuisine that will make you feel like your dining on a beach in Mexico sans beautiful ocean, bikini clad hottie and the Italian pot-bellied man in a thong speedo :)

Ajax thinks the margaritas are made strong and perfect!


So check it out and tell me what you think!

El Pescador
21500 Norwalk Blvd
Hawaiian Gardens, CA  90716
(562) 809-1183

* And if you're not in the HG area, they also have locations in Whittier, Bell Gardens, Los Angeles, La Mirada, South Gate, Bell, Santa Paula, West South Gate, Pico Rivera, Fillmore, North and South Ontario, Highland Park, and Carson. (*PS I called them and typed the cities as he cited them, lol.)

No comments:

Post a Comment